New to racing? Here’s a short list of items you’ll need.
Safety / Mandatory :
- Life jacket – required. Walmart options are cheapest but very uncomfortable. If budget allows, spend more and get one designed for sailing. They allow for better movement and are cooler.
- Whistle – required needs to be attached to life jacket.
- Protest flag – Some bigger regattas require each sailor to have one.
- Water bottle
Highly Recommended :
- Sun lotion
- Hat and/or buff
- Long shorts and rash guard (for summer time)
- Wetsuit/Dry Suit/Spray Top/Booties (for winter time)
Feel free to ask Jeff for more details and buying recommendations.